As Gusto has grown from incubation at Y Combinator to become a mid-stage startup, we’ve developed opinions about engineering culture that guide how we collaborate and write software. These include:
- Quality: Payroll is complex and people’s livelihoods depend on it.
- Humility: Software can be used in powerful ways to help others.
- Pragmatism: In the end, we’re solving a problem for our customer.
- Community: We stand on the shoulders of giants and want to give back.
- Trust: Rules & bureaucracy melt away when we trust each other.