On May 1, 2017, HomeAdvisor parent company IAC and Angie’s List announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement to combine IAC’s HomeAdvisor and Angie’s List into a new publicly traded company to be called ANGI Homeservices Inc. ANGI Homeservices Inc. employs nearly 3,500 and owns market leaders in Canada (HomeStars), Germany (MyHammer), France (Travaux.com), the Netherlands (Werkspot), Italy (Instapro) and the UK (MyBuilder).
HomeAdvisor’s 130,000 sq. ft. headquarters in Golden, Colorado employs 1,500 people. HomeAdvisor has two additional Colorado offices: one in LoDo (employs nearly 60) and one Colorado Springs (employs more than 200).
HomeAdvisor’s community footprint runs deep. The company has partnered with several Colorado nonprofits — including Children’s Hospital Colorado, Junior Achievement and Special Olympics Colorado — and has also sponsored several local events, including Bike to Work Day Colorado and Climb for Courage. This year, HomeAdvisor will co-sponsor Velorama, the three-day Colorado Classic bike race and music and art festival in RiNo.
Innovation at elevation
HomeAdvisor is the only home services booking tool to integrate its on-demand technology into multiple platforms to allow homeowners to hire a service pro from practically anywhere. HomeAdvisor’s app is available on all IOS and Android platforms, as well as smart home platforms including Apple Watch and Amazon Echo, and social media platforms such as Facebook.
HomeAdvisor has developed three on-demand scheduling tools, including Instant Booking, Instant Connect and its newest tool, Same Day Service.
- Same Day Service allows homeowners to instantly schedule an appointment to to complete their home project the very same day. Same Day Service is available for more than three household projects, including hiring a plumber, hiring an electrician and hiring a handyman.
- Instant Booking, created by a 125+ person team over a 6-month period, allows a homeowner to instantly book an appointment online with a screened professional. The technology lets homeowners view pricing info prior to booking and syncs with a pro’s Google calendar to ensure homeowners are presented with the pro’s most-up-to-date availability for appointments. Since the introduction of Instant Booking, customer satisfaction rates have more than doubled, and 9 out of 10 appointments turn into jobs.
- Instant Connect matches homeowners with the best local professionals for their projects — and then instantly connects them via phone with the professional of their choice. Homeowners can also use the HomeAdvisor Alexa skill to instantly connect with a pro, simply by saying a phrase like “Alexa, ask HomeAdvisor to find me a plumber.”
HomeAdvisor supports several Denver STEM initiatives, including CareerWise Colorado and the Colorado Technology Association’s Career Connections program.
- HomeAdvisor ardently participates in CareerWise Colorado, an apprenticeship program that offers high school juniors and seniors paid, on-the-job learning experiences in high-demand fields like information technology, financial and professional services, and more. CareerWise allows student participants to spend up to half of their time on-site with HomeAdvisor, getting paid a training wage while also earning credit toward high school graduation and post-secondary credentials.
- Colorado Technology Foundation’s Career Connections Program gives Denver high school students interested in a career in technology the opportunity to gain hands-on programming experience on-site at HomeAdvisor. Following the internship, students are armed with high-demand skills and the proper connections for continued education and careers at HomeAdvisor.